Thursday, February 23, 2012

Holster for .25 automatic

Today, I decided to make a flap-holster for the Raven .25 ACP.  Normally, a "pocket" pistol, but, I'd prefer a clip-on holster sometimes.





Still got to dye the inside of the flap..doh!
Anyway, fits nice and snug, and still is small enough to stuff it in a pocket, when not wearing a belt.
My reason behind the flap, is for retention, even if in a pocket. Previously I was carrying this back-up gun in an Uncle Mike's ballistic nylon "pocket holster".

Problem was, the little thing had no form of retention at all, and when in the pocket, this pistol would keep sliding out during walking, bending, etc. So, the Unlce Mike's was rather pointless, really...and, it wasnt leather!

Now, on a side note/rant. One thing this pistol always reminds me of- is why I love my Taurus 845 in , of course, .45 auto.

Taurus managed to figure out how to cram a whopping  12 shots of full-power  .45 auto (the great, old 1911 holds 8 shots) , into a grip/frame only 2/8 th's of an inch wider than ...... a tiny, little Raven .25 auto..




Top, is the .25, bottom is the .45 , not a huge difference in grip-width- which makes a big difference for folks with short, stubby hands like me lol. Comparable large-capacity .45 autos from Glock, Sig, FN, and H&K, are much wider/thicker- like trying to hold onto a brick....

So, in a space barely larger than a single-stack .25 auto, I get to pack a double-stack .45... nice


No comments:

Post a Comment