Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Colin's Knife and Wallet

Started work today on my buddy Colin's knife and wallet.

Began with measuring and rough-shaping/sizing of the Rosewood handles for his knife

Will now use the rough sizing to template the other handle tomorrow- once both are this size/shape, the rest of the sanding to fit will be done by hand


And, with the weather turning flaky, we go back inside, and begin the layout work for his wallet.


The wallet will consist of a bullhide core, with a pigskin interior, and Black Ostrich hide for the exterior.


1st, I laid-out the interior lining, and punched the perimeter holes for it.

Then, I did the sub-interior/bill portion to the inside of the lining. All this is rough mock-up for the moment- to figure out the dimensions/basic shapes. The actual interior will then be cut based on this, and trimmed to fit.


I've roughed the card/id pockets out so that they can each fit approx: 4 cards, if needed.


Once I get the interior parts sorted out, I'll then dye the core leather, and begin work on the exterior hide.

Meantime, I did a quick test-stamping to see how the pigskin would take to tooling for name, monogramming, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment