Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hello, and welcome to my blog

I am Martinus. In mid-2011, I decided I wanted a knife. But not a commercial/off-the-shelf one. So, I decided to build my own.
Lacking any prior experience or tools for doing so, I had to figure this all out from scratch.

Once built, I realized that this knife would not fit in any off-the-shelf sheaths. So, I would have to figure out and make this from scratch as well. Since I was venturing into creating a leather sheath for my knife, I would also do the same for a holster for my full-size, high-capacity .45 automatic for which I had been unable to find a leather holster that fit it properly.

And so, it all began. I posted some pics of these builds to a message board, and some of my friends asked if I could make some of my knives and sheaths for them as well. Other folks had seen this work, and asked if I could make some sheaths for knives they already owned. And, so I did.








I make my knife handles of either Paracord, or woods such as Cocobolo, Walnut, Cherry, Mahogany, Lacewood, Macassar Ebony, etc.



And then I sand them down to shape by hand and with a Dremel tool






And now I've totally caught the bug. I now make and sell custom knives, sheaths, holsters and other items as requested.
For knives, customers can currently choose from a couple of designs, and select what woods they want for the handles. For sheaths, holsters, magazine pouches, and belts, customers can choose left or right-hand carry, and color of dyes. 
Prices vary from item to item and depend mostly on material choices. I will post the range of items I can make soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment